It's your big day and you want everything to be perfect, including the flowers. But how do you know what kind of flowers you want?
Here are a few things to think about before you contact your local or destination wedding florist about your wedding flowers.
- What is your overall wedding vision? Before you start thinking about specific flowers, it's important to have a general idea of the overall style and feel you want for your wedding. Do you want it to be romantic? Elegant? Fun and playful? How many bridesmaids and groomsmen will be in your bridal party? Once you have a general direction, you can start thinking about specific flowers that will fit that vision.
- What is your budget? Flowers can be one of the most expensive parts of a wedding, so it's important to have an idea of how much you're willing to spend before you start talking to florists. Once you have a budget in mind, you can work with your florist to choose flowers that will fit both your vision and your budget.
- What is your wedding colour palette? Your wedding colours will play a big role in the overall look of your wedding, so it's important to choose them before you start looking at flowers. If you're not sure what colours you want, your florist can help you choose a colour palette that will compliment your overall vision.
- What season is your wedding? The season of your wedding will also play a role in the types of flowers you can use. For example, if you're getting married in the spring, you'll have a wider selection of flowers to choose from than if you're getting married in the winter.
- What kind of flowers do you like? Now it's time to start thinking about specific flowers. Do you have a favourite flower? A must have flower?
All of this will help your florist narrow down your options and find the perfect flowers for your wedding day!
So if you think you are ready to chat send us an email and let’s start planning your dream wedding flowers!